In 1974 ALUBAT built ‘VODKA’, the prototype of the first OVNI ever: the OVNI 25. It was made of aluminium but with a fin keel. Then, the OVNI 31 soon enlarged the range, but as a weighted lifting keel boat. After that, the OVNI 28, launched in 1978, was the first aluminium lifting keel boat and although it had a bilge keel, it did set the tone for the next designs.
Today, to meet new customers’ needs, ALUBAT presents 6 OVNI models from 36 to 70 feet.
Later, in 1994, the yard started to build keel yachts. Today, this range includes 4 CIGALES (from 14 to 22 meters) and the 'ALUBAT 58'.
In addition to the ALUBAT in-house expertise and its design/engineering department, the very best naval architects are invited to design the yachts: Philippe Briand and Marc Lombard. All these boats are always fully – hull and deck - made of aluminium.
To date, more than 1,500 units, all aluminium, have been built by the shipyard, most of which still sailing all over the world.
- Your boat will come to life in our metal shop works, thanks to our skilled welders who have a great experience in assembling the different parts of the hull.
- You boat will then be painted in our painting workshop which has 2 heated and ventilated painting cabins (16m and 21m long),
- The furniture is manufactured and fitted aboard in the yard. Having an in-house carpentry workshop is the key to success for your boat’s customization.
- Last step, all technical components of your boat (electrical circuits, plumbing, mechanical and hydraulic systems) are fitted on board by our technicians.
- We only subcontract the installation of the navigation equipment, with technicians who start working upstream in the yard during the build process to guarantee an optimum integration.
Our high level of requirement regarding the choice of our suppliers, the equipment for our boats and our working methods with our partners, is necessary to reach optimum quality and reliability.
This strategy enables us to monitor the full building process and quality control.
The talent of the best naval architects, such as Philippe Briand or Marc Lombard, comes in addition to the expertise of ALUBAT’s design department.
Our shipyard based in les Sables d'Olonne, the Vendée Globle country, which brands and know-how are internationally recognized, should catch a second wind and nourish new ambitions.
A few of the most important manufacturers in Vendée, passionate about sailing and blue water travels, became shareholders of our shipyard.
The board of directors is assisted by Christian Picard, ALUBAT’s new General Manager since September 1st, 2016.
His knowledge, as the founder and manager for over 20 years of the yacht broking company AYC, his skills in the water sports field, his experience in sailing around the globe and his attentiveness to customers’ needs will contribute in perpetuating the historical values of our shipyard and modernizing and developing our ranges.
Finally, for those wishing a more contemporary design of the interior layout, the shipyard has called in Stéphane Roséo, a talented young designer from the Roseo Design Studio.
Our shipyard is moving forward, faithful to the same passion that has been motivating our designers and boatsmen of the hundreds of units that came out of our workshops and made ALUBAT’s international reputation as great as it is today. More than ever, ALUBAT is carrying on the essential values that made its success by putting the yard and the team at the service of the customers.
We will keep on making the most reliable and long-lasting sailing boats that can be, perfectly adapted to your navigation project, may they be simple or more complex, at short or long term.
Your ALUBAT boat will be as safe and comfortable in the marina as offshore and as pleasant to steer and live aboard in the sun as in the ice.